OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This booking contract is between Angela and Mark Underwood , the owners of Aldersyde, 2 Wellcross, St Mary’s, Isles of Scilly, TR21 0PU and the person completing this booking form and all members of their party (referred to as “you” or “your”). The contract will be subject to these booking terms and conditions and must be complied with. The party leader must be over the age of 18 years at the time of booking.
1.Any booking will be confirmed by the owners and at that time becomes binding on both parties. Both parties agree that at that time, the total payment figure is the figure owed by you to the owners. However, if the start date is more than 10 weeks from the acceptance the owners will accept a 25% deposit and the balance of 75% will become due and payable on a date 10 weeks before the start date. If the start date is less than 10 weeks from the acceptance date, full payment will be required before the contract is binding. For the avoidance of doubt, non payment of the 75% balance to the owners when due will be treated as a cancellation of the contract by you.
2.Accommodation - is available from 3pm on the first day of booking. By 10am on the day of departure, the accommodation must be vacated and the equipment, furniture and premises handed over in as good a condition as they were taken over.
3. Care of the property - you agree to (a) leave the apartment in good order and in clean condition as found, otherwise a cleaning charge will be levied and (b) to pay for any loss or damage caused by you, excluding reasonable wear and tear, during occupation.
4. Number of persons using the cottage booked – there must be no more members in your party than Aldersyde is designed to accommodate and must be listed by name on the booking form.
5. No Smoking Policy – the accommodation is strictly non-smoking. Smoking is not allowed under any circumstances. If evidence of smoking is found a charge of £100 will be made to cover cleaning and refurbishment costs.
6. Pets are not allowed on the premises under any circumstance.
7. Right of entry – Angela and Mark Underwood or their representatives are to be allowed access to the property during stay.
8. Termination of Stay – Angela and Mark Underwood reserve the right to terminate your stay if you or members of your party are believed to be causing a nuisance to other residents or are not treating the property with due respect. You are expected to maintain reasonable behaviour whilst staying at Aldersyde.
9. Liability – The use of the accommodation and its associated facilities are entirely at the users risk and no liability can be accepted for death, injury, and loss or damage to users or their belongings including vehicles, motor cycles, boats etc. The owners shall not be liable to you or any other member of your party for any loss or damage to you or your property however caused.
10. Children – The cottage is over 2 floors and the front door opens directly onto Wellcross. Children must therefore be supervised at all times.
11. Amenities – Every effort has been made to ensure that all advertised amenities are available but no liability can be accepted for any omissions.
12. Candles, tea lights and other naked flames are not permitted in the cottage.
13. Cancellation – By making your booking our agreement is a legal contract and the deposit and any balance paid is non – refundable. In the event of a cancellation by telephone, it must be confirmed in writing. Travel/Cancellation insurance is not compulsory, but it is strongly recommended to protect against any cancellation penalty of any non-refundable monies.
14. Cancellation by Owners – We reserve the right to refuse any booking or to cancel any bookings already made subject to refunding any sums you have paid in full without further liability on our behalf. If for any reason the booked accommodation is not available; liability shall be limited to a full refund of the monies paid to Angela and Mark Underwood.
15. Complaints – We above all want you to have a wonderful time at Aldersyde. If for any reason you have a complaint please let us know as soon as reasonably possible, and in any event before departure, to allow remedial action to be taken. We undertake to repair or replace any faulty equipment with all due diligence. However, no claims will be entertained in respect of equipment which remains faulty beyond our control.